Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Look for Less: Canopy Bed

Whether it's made of metal or wood, canopy beds can cost a big-chuck-of-change! But who can rest it's dreamy appearance?! Which is why I took a different approach to get the same look for less, a lot less!


Pottery Barn's Antonia Canopy Bed- $1,300...

Pottery Barn's Farmhouse Canopy Bed- $1,450...
CHC's Canopy Bed- $55...
Here's how...
...We simply attached window curtain rods to the ceiling on all-four-sides and hung a curtain panel from each side of the rods (eight curtains total). I wanted the curtains to puddled on the floor a bit to accomplish a look that was billowy and romantic. Then I just used a piece of natural jute to tie the curtains at the corners (they could be left hanging loose as well). 


Note: Since it's difficult to find long curtains in stores, I ordered these online from Target, and the rods are from Wal-Mart.)


Plus…
What's better than a canopy bed? ...A canopy bed with 'all-white' bedding! It just looks so fresh, inviting and elegant! Take a look...


Pottery Barn's Ruched Duvet Cover- $200...

Pottery Barn's Hadley Ruched Duvet Cover- $160...

Maybe mine doesn't compare to Pottery Barn's, but just wait till I get a white bed-shirt, shams and throw pillows...just look at the difference a white comforter makes...
...and it cost me zero dollars! ...It belonged to my great-grandmother! I l.o.v.e vintage linens!


Target's Heirloom Comforter Set from their Simply Shabby Chic line- $100...
...This is the bedding we are using in our oldest (two-and-a-half-year-old, Angelia) daughter's room.

It was also used by the lovely, Sandra from My Shabby Streamside Studio...
...She turned a hunting cabin into a romantic Victorian cottage! I absolutely LOVE what she did with it!


Note: Bed and bedding prices reflect queen sizes.

{This post was shared on All Thing Heart and Home, A Beach Cottage, My Backyard Eden, Savvy Southern Style, Someday Crafts, Chic on a Shoestring Decorating, Creation Corner, Finding Fabulous, Freckled Laundry, and My Romantic Home.}
All Things Heart and Home
Good Life Wednesdays

Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden

Photobucket

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
monogram

XO,

   Jaclyn

Thank you so much for visiting CHC! I love your sweet comments, and read all of them! Please become a Follower and a fan on facebook…

13 comments:

  1. Oh! How stunning and CLEVER!
    Target sells the exact same bedding...at least they did. I bought it last year!
    Good luck!
    ~Andie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I discovered you over at Wow Us Wednesday-- I love finding clever ways to duplicate expensive decor. You did a great job, it looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacklyn, I have just discovered your blog, via Wow Us Wednesdays, and am so happy I did. This was a superb post, so informative, so simple, and inspiring. Can't wait to see it finished with the skirt and pillows, but what a gorgeous canopy you made! I am going to follow now so I don't miss a thing, tami

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Post.dawn,jang,express newspaper job ads at http://toppakjobs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this room! The old pew is gorgeous and the canopy idea is ingenious! (found via all things heart and home!) ~*S*~

    ReplyDelete
  6. great job! amazing! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love the all white bedding.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I love white bedding!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great post!! I love all the beds....so pretty!!!! Great idea making your own!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That bed is sheer brilliance woman! I've just gotta feature this next week I love it so much!
    Love the shabby chic bedding too! And your bedding looks stunning!
    Praying for you and yours...
    xo
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful display of creativity! Beautifully done!
    Have a Wonderful Wednesday!
    ;-D Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  12. The images here are exciting and beautiful. love the various styles that have been exhibited.

    canopy beds

    ReplyDelete
  13. Terrific ingenuity! Way to get what you want for less! You also found some great pillow and cushion deals.

    ReplyDelete