Monday, March 21, 2011

Linen Closet to China Cabinet (Part 2)

Remember our china cabinet I was working on? In my first post about the transformation it looked like this...
...Well, I've made some progress!

It is now painted...

And has knobs and door inserts!

(The knobs and wire are from Lowes.)

Initially, I was going to use Galvanized Hex Netting (Chicken Wire) for the door inserts. Though after some thought, I decided I wanted the openings smaller. So, back to Lowes I went where I picked out some Galvanized Hardware Cloth.
...I'll save the chicken wire for another project or my real chickens!

Plus, my hubby (Travis) has always liked the screen on my parent's hutch...
...and the hardware cloth is kind of a middle ground between a screen and chicken wire.

To attach the wire all I had to do was measure, cut and staple!


At first I used a heavy-duty staple gun, and it cracked the wood a bit. So, after fixing it with some wood glue I switch to a light-duty staple gun which worked great!

Before
(Yes, it was embarrassingly messy! ...I'm keeping it real!

After
We are very pleased with how it turned out! I can't wait to put my dishes in it! We're also very excited about having more open space in our dinning room (once we move the existing display shelf)!


Visit CHC again soon to see 'Part 3" ...I'll share the new display for my dishes and the difference it makes in our dinning room!

See 'Part 1' of this project, here.


{This post was shared on Between Naps on the Porch, Dittle Dattle, and The DIY Showoff.}





The DIY Show Off
XO,

   Jaclyn

Thank you so much for visiting CHC! I love your sweet comments, and read all of them! Please become a Follower and a fan on facebook…

3 comments:

  1. Love it. Another great CHC project...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous. I love everything about it, but especially the crystal knobs. I am your latest follower. I would love for you to come and check out my blog and follow me back at www.diybydesign.blogspot.com. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete