Friday, January 8, 2010

From Storage to Display: Vino


Here are eight wonderful examples from Pottery Barn...





This one most closely resembles ours.






Almost four years ago Travis and I received a wonderful wine bottle & wine glass shelf from Pottery Barn, and a wine cart from Target as wedding gifts.

Here they are displayed in our first apartment.



We've lived in our house for almost three years and all this time the wine bottle and wine glass shelf have been sitting in our basement. I guess I was waiting for Travis to hang them since he hung them in our apartment, but I think it was time for me to take matters into my own hands.


(1) With the wine cart still against the wall, I decided what height I wanted each shelf by hanging a wine glass from the wine glass shelf and placing a champagne glass on top of it.

(2) Moved the wine table exactly where I wanted it and centered the shelves above it.

(3) Made sure they were level.

(4) Found the wall studs.

(5) Screwed in the metal hook plates.

(6) Hung the shelves!


I used the wine glass shelf to hang wine glasses and on top hold champagne glasses & a vase that's engraved 'Jaclyn & Travis May 20, 2006'.


The picture in the corner is a wine menu I had framed from 4 Olives, a restaurant I was an assistant chef at for a summer while I was in college.



How do you display your wine bottles & glasses?

No comments:

Post a Comment