Thursday, January 14, 2010

Let's Get Organized: Entry-Way Closet

I guess you could say second trimester "nesting" is in full-swing! I am feeling the need to organize EVERYTHING! So, lets get started and hopefully you'll learn some organization tips along the way...



No matter the square footage under you roof adding shelves, whether free-standing or built-in, is a great way to keep things out-of-sight yet convenient.


This is how the bottom of our entry-way closet looked... not horrible, but it didn't leave much room for storing shoes so they normally ended up in our small entry-way.



Solution: shelves!

I found this some-assembly-required-shelf at Target, and with the help of my screw-driver and easy-to-follow-instructions... it went from this...


to this...

I then emptied everything out of the bottom of the closet, vacuumed it, cut some liner to size for the shelves... and the closet went from this...


to this...
My plan is to find some baskets that will slide under the bottom shelf for "the girl's" shoes.



How do you organize shoes near your entry-way?

No comments:

Post a Comment