Monday, December 21, 2009

Rome, Italy

During the Summer of 2005 I lived in Tuscania, Italy. This was my first time to Italy or anywhere in Europe for that matter. I was interning at Casa Caponetti, which is a bed & breakfast, cooking school and olive tree farm. I was blessed with this opportunity by meeting the Caponetti family in my home town, Paola, Kansas, at a Slow Food cooking class. We stayed in contact over the next year and I expressed my interest in cooking and gardening. Then one day I got an email from them saying I could come work with them for the summer. So, I dropped all my summer plans, got myself a passport and plane ticket and off I went!


I took day trips to explore nearby cities, such as Rome, which is 40 miles North of Tuscania. Although Rome is amazing, I preferred visiting small quaint towns where there were few tourist.


Vittoriano

Colosseum

Pantheon

Fountain di Trevi
Legend has it you will return to Rome if you throw a coin over your shoulder into the fountain. I did this, so I really hope that means I'll be returning!


Have your travels ever brought you to Rome, other places in Italy or anywhere in Europe? If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?

No comments:

Post a Comment