Friday, December 18, 2009

Give Your Furniture an Upgrade

My favorite way to make furniture go from blah to beautiful is to give it new hardware... it's easy and affordable! Just decide on the style you're going for: rustic, modern, elegant... and make sure the size is proportional. Then all you need in a screw driver and you're set!

I love this table in our entry way that's made out of an old door, but I wanted to dress it up a little. The original knob is the wooden one on the left which I replaced with the oh-so-chic crystal knob, from Home Depot, on the right.


This buffet cabinet, from Target, in our dining room fashioned black wooden knobs, but I wanted to give it something that popped.


So I replaced them with these silver metal knobs, from Home Depot, that gave it a much more classy look. Don't you think?


Although I don't prefer to tweak antiques, this wardrobe in my daughters nursery appeared dark and dull. The original pulls were also difficult for little hands to open.

That was until I brightened it up with these crystal knobs, from Lowes.


How do you like to dress up your furniture? Do you have any hardware projects of your own to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment