Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Savoring Spring... One Stem at a Time

While making a quick run through our local Salvation Army Family Store I found this small vase...
...It's fun, round shape caught my eye, and for 48-cents it came home with me. About a week later I saw the same vase at Hobby Lobby for $1.00 and it was 50% off. So my savings were only a few cents, but I also found an antique jar in the same trip that I wouldn't have found at Hob Lob.

After cleaning it and filling it with some spring blooms from my garden I placed it on our dinning room table...


I also put some Bleeding Hearts in a vase and placed it on our bedroom dresser. It was one of those "turn you lemons into lemonade" kind of thing. ...While my two-and-a-half-year-old daughter was helping me in the garden she accidentally broke one of the stems on a Bleeding Heart. So, instead of just letting it wilt, I clipped it and put it in some water.  


Since I haven't got to spend very much time in the garden yet this year, bringing the flowers indoors has allowed us to get much more enjoyment out of them. ...Plus, no need to buy expensive bouquets at the store. 

Other Spring '11 Post:


XO,

   Jaclyn

Thank you so much for visiting CHC! I love your sweet comments, and read all of them! Please become a Follower and a fan on facebook…


{This post was shared on The Lettered Cottage, Tip JunkieToday's Creative Blog, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, All Things Heart and Home, A Beach Cottage, My Backyard Eden, Savvy Southern Style,and Someday Crafts.}
The Lettered Cottage
Tip Junkie handmade projects

Today's Creative Blog
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

All Things Heart and Home



My Backyard Eden
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Love the round vase so sweet, it makes a statement all on it's own...Your flowers are beautiful, can't wait to get out in the garden....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty and simple - what spring is all about! I love your mom's blog and look forward to more form you too!
    Holly
    504 Main

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the round vase :) and the fresh flowers! Thanks for stopping by Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays and joining the party.

    ReplyDelete