Monday, November 22, 2010

Autumn Decor: Bittersweet Pumpkin Centerpiece

You might have noticed that I'm on a bit of a bittersweet kick (check out my front porch railing and thrifty wreath idea)! I can't help myself, I just LOVE it!

I created a display for my small front porch table, but it would also be stunning has the centerpiece for your Thanksgiving dinner or buffet table. I started with a medium-sized pumpkin...
For larger tables you could spaces a few down the center or place a smaller pumpkin on each side.

Materials:
  • Pumpkin(s)
  • Wheat (from your local craft-store / or you can clip some natural, tall grasses)
  • Leaves (search your yard or nearby park... ok, or like me your neighbors yard)  
  • Bittersweet (you can use the-real-deal that can be found growing along country roads, etc. or faux)




I used wheat from Hobby Lobby that I actually got for a different project (check back to see what I used it for).

I also used leaves from our oak tree...

...and leaves from our neighbor's maple tree... they were so much prettier!

What have you used for your autumn / Thanksgiving centerpieces?

1 comment: